I found my fabric for my saltspring dress. It has 3 colors from Pantone Fall 2013 collection. Carafe (dr brown), Turbulence (dr grey), and Koi (orange). It is a charmeuse with great drape. It is outta my comfort zone in the fabric department. It is a really LARGE print but I am hoping to pare it with a carafe jacket/cover. I found it more challenging than I thought to find the sew reunion colours. However, this will be only the first of a few saltspring dresses and I will hopefully end up with a wearable muslin.
I have retraced my pattern pieces – not darling to cut into the original tissue paper.
Cut my fabric using a million pins – it wasn’t so bad as I have heard!
Re-threaded my serger – an hour of hell
And figured out my walking foot for the slippery charmeuse
Just have to pick up my notions….I am thinking invisible zipper but the pattern calls for regular so I think I will wait till farther in the sew-a-long to decide.